03/07/2015

Essai Ultimate MotorCycling

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2015/07/03/2016-bmw-s1000xr-review-debut-ride-test/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Les tests de l'Amérique du Nord  arrivent

2016 BMW S1000XR – The Verdict

After my debut 140-mile ride around Ontario’s Muskoka region, I found few negatives with the S1000XR. BMW’s entry into the world of “Adventure Sport” provides a versatile platform, one that can get you comfortably around town or a weeklong tour. If some light gravel or fire-roads come along, don’t worry – the S1000XR is more than capable.

As for the sport side of things, the Dynamic ESA and other electronic aids will up the fun factor. Unfortunately, due to the 9000-rpm limiter, I couldn’t truly test the upper power range of the engine, which loves to be revved – something proved on the S1000R roadster. I’ll find out more once I get an S1000XR for some extended testing that will surely include a track day or two.

Now back to my original question – did BMW build the ultimate Ducati Multistrada killer? The BMW S1000XR’s electronics definitely supersede the second-generation Multistrada 1200, though I’d argue they are even with the 2015 DVT model.

Regardless of being nine pounds lighter than the 2015 Multistrada, the S1000XR’s chassis still doesn’t have the on-road planted feel of Ducati’s trellis frame and wider handlebar. Off-road, though, both feel about the same – but the S1000XR provides comfortable while standing.

I won’t go near engine comparisons until I ride a fully uncorked S1000XR. But it goes without saying that the inline four can’t match the mid-range torque of a V-twin, and the V-twin can’t match the upper scream of an inline four.

Without a doubt BMW has built a fresh “Adventure Sport” motorcycle – a do-it-all bike that caters to sporty side of the road. And the pricing is attractive for bikes offered in this segment, the base S1000XR model arriving at $16,350 – though I’d surely splurge for the $18,750 premium package. The extra coin is well worth it for the best electronic suspension and rider aides currently available. These electronics not only increase safety, they also up the confidence factor. More confidence means more speed, and more speed equals more fun for this rider.

The only question I have remaining is for BMW Motorrad USA – can I get my test S1000XR soon, with full power, please?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire