07/08/2015

Essai - Webbikeworld

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycles/bmw-s1000xr/review.htm

Un essai et une présentation complète. La grande question aventure - sport - trail est posée.

So what is the BMW S1000XR? If we interpret the "XR" to be for "Cross-Roads", then the whole approach makes more sense, at least to me.

Reflecting its S1000 heritage and GS influences, the BMW S1000XR is, in the short-term, proving to be a great sports machine that is fast, GS-comfortable and a curve-carver par excellence.

I have longer trips planned for late summer and early fall, which will provide the opportunities to let it perform as a long-haul roadster with an adventure load; something I have no doubts it will excel at.

Motorrad Canada places the S1000XR under its "Adventure" grouping and to me that is exactly where it should be, even though some facets related to the term "adventure" may still need to be validated by the S1000XR and by me.

It is truly early days, but this S1000XR is already growing on me a lot -- and I’m hard to please.

It has competition (e.g., Multistrada) and the competition is indeed one of its targets, but it also breaks new ground for BMW Motorrad and for the consumer market.

Will it stand the test of time? Will it do (most) everything I want it to do? Both fair questions that need to be answered going forward.

But in the interim, there is riding and farkling to be done. And if the Editor indulges my periodic updates we’ll keep you tuned in on this one.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about the S1000XR, fire away!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire