03/06/2015

Essai de Paul Sisson

"Heres a quick review of my test ride today.

Firstly the bike is a rocket! Coming from a GS this is like being on the Starship Enterprise - get the revs above 7,000 and its warp speed fast. Its not a fast GS - its an upright S1000R. Yes, it has the GS riding position but thats where the similarity ends, everything about the ride screams sports bike, it begs to be revved high and ridden hard.

I found the ride comfortable in road and dynamic, screen did a decent job - even at motorway speeds. Brakes give you a lot of confidence. I had the seat set at 840mm so it felt lower then the GS but because the seat is wider the reach to the ground was the similar.

Engine sounds great, quick shift is as smooth as silk - better then the one I have fitted to my GS. Engine pulls easily in top from 25mph.

Only real negative was the bar vibrations between 5K and 6K revs - not enough to put me off ordering because there are too many up sides to this bike but I imagine it will become annoying on a longer trip if I'm stuck in that rev range for any length of time. I would describe them more of a tingle then vibration - something BMW need to fix. Hands were tingling when I got back - I wasnt sure if it was the vibrations or adrenaline
„wink“-Emoticon

The bike feels easier to manhandle when I was pushing it around then the GS, it feels lighter and it is a lot lower. Maybe it helped that the test bike didn't have panniers on but putting it on the centre stand required no effort at all compared to the GS.

I did around 50 miles on my test ride and returned 41MPG, similar riding style on the GS would have probably been around 45MPG

My bikes build week is June 22nd and delivery expected around July 13th - can't wait!"


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire